Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen flickering while hovering over toolbar

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Community, 

my Monitor is flickering while hovering my mouse over the tool at of Photoshop. Changing from any tool to brush for example - screen flickering couple times. Updates all done (Windows 10 + Adobe) and drivers up to date either. Ideas anyone? 

7700k, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX2070s 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*toolbar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your guidance! 
tried this first, no change. Monitor are 2x HP 27es with technicolor preset. 
worked with this setup last with no problems. 
this flickering is new (couple weeks) maybe gpu driver? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem with the flickering when hovering the mouse over any tool.

I believe all drivers are up-to-date with my grahics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super. 

I am not exactly sure what ICC is (I searched on Internet in regard to this, but I don't think this applies to my set up, I don't do any printing of images).

I did turn OFF GPU but flickering still continues.

The flickering started with the latest update to my CC Photoshop (22.4.2)

I don't know what I should do in regard to the flickering. Any suggestions? I have in the past called Adobe support, and maybe I should do this if I can't get any suggestions here other than that was posted already.

Thank you.

Kathie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating my previous post.

My computer tech had updated my drivers for my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super) around the same time as the update (22.4.2) to CC Photoshop. He told me other people using this graphics card were experiencing flickering as well. He removed my "current" driver tonight, and installed an older version. This solved my problem! I no longer have any flickering when I hover the mouse over a tool. 

This perhaps may be of help to anyone else who may be having the same problem as I did.

Regards,

Kathie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue when i hover over a tool to openthe tooltip the entire screen flickers 

GPU: 3070 Laptop GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you know which ver. number nvidia driver fixed the issue? 
same problem with my rtx 2060

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same issue, also using 2x HP 27es. Maybe it's related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Same monitor and RTX 2060...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The problem I had was with the graphics driver. My computer tech had to go back to version 452.06. My problem began with the version 462.59. And a later update (471.11) was bad too. So, for me, no more updating the drivers (since 7/1/2021).

Regards,

Kathie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the details 🙏🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope what I did has helped you (Baran.....). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update:

I began to experience the flickering again. Windows 10 did an update a week or so ago. And even though my tech turned off the updating of the graphics driver, Windows did the  update. Uninstalled the driver and tried to update with the version that I had before. The system didn't allow for this. I had an old monitor that I decided to try (for chuckles and grins). As it turns out, this monitor hooks up with analog VGA as opposed to HDMI. As a side note, when addressing the flickering problem, I did buy a new HDMI cable (which didn't solve the problem). After my tech hooked up the old monitor via VGA, no flickering! So he unhooked my old monitor and hooked up my current HDMI monitor via the VGA connection! Problem solved, strangely enough.

Regards to all,

Kathie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and I found out that if I go to the "Nvidia control panel" under the "change resolution" menu and I put the refresh rate to 60hz, the problem is solved. Maybe Photoshop doesn't handle well high refresh rate. I have a 165hz refresh rate monitor and an rtx2060 super.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment. I am not sure if my tech fiddled with refresh rates, but for some reason, I think he may have. I will pass along your comment to him - and I will see if he tried what you did in order to solve my problem. For some reason, I think he did so. But definitely will find out. Thank you again! I am glad you were able to resolve your issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop did it again! Plsslng me off!

Thanks ADOBE wonderful!!!! NOT!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been facing the same issue when I upgraded my Gpu to RTX 3090, Drivers are upto date. It was working flawless with GTX 1060 before. I don't know what's all this now! 

Anyways, i found two solutions to avoid that flickering. 
1. Image scalling (85%) 

2. Uncheck that Graphics from "Tools" Tab in Adobe Photoshop Cc. 

I hope Photoshop Developers will resolve this issue ASAP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Incredibly annoying.

Tried a few options that were discussed here, but nothing helped. Needless to say that all drivers and CC versions are up-to-date. My screen refresh rate is on 60Hz.

It's the Illustrator tooltips that trigger the flashing on hover. So I've now simply disabled them:

Edit > Preferences > General> uncheck 'Show tool tips'

They're just for context anyway and I for one can live without them in favour of a flicker-free UX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That a boy! 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved the problem for me: Turns out the GPU tells the monitor if the content being displayed is a video, and some monitors reconfigure themselves when this happens, causing flickering. Adobe tooltips are videos, hence the problem.

Go to Nvidia control panel > Adjust desktop color settings  Scroll until yo see "content type being reported to the display"  and change it to "Desktop programs"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines