• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen flickers black on and off when moving around canvas or doing anything in Photoshop

Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop 2021, windows 10 pro latest version, and a nvidia 3080 with newest drivers and every time I use photoshop with the graphics card enabled it will flicker black intermittently while trying to use the program. I'll move the canvas, it will flash a black screen, show the screen again, etc. If I do an action like camera raw, same thing happens. Can't use the program like this, any ideas on how to fix?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Try going to Preferences/Technology Preview and check "Deactivate native canvas" then relaunch PS. 

If that doesn't work - is your graphics card being detected under Preferences/Performance?

Do you have more than 1 graphics card installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Preferences/Technology Preview and check "Deactivate native canvas" then relaunch PS. 

If that doesn't work - is your graphics card being detected under Preferences/Performance?

Do you have more than 1 graphics card installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, turning on the option to deactivate the native canvas fixed the black flicker issue.

One more problem I see that is happening though is that panning around is not smooth. It stutters and is choppy when I drag around with the hand tool. Do you have an idea on what could be causing that? I only have one graphics card and it is detected by PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your performance preferences settings for cache level and cache tile size. If you hover over the names of the options it will explain what each does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks man i have same issue with ps and pr ; on ps it fixed , but still premiere pro has same issue ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks  Kevin, it worked for me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

as you still have issues I wonder if updating the video card's drivers might help?

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do you have GSYNC active in the nVidia drivers?

Some users reported that deactivating "animated zoom" in preferences/tools helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some people use NVIDIA game ready which is not compatible for applications, but the studio driver is compatible for all applications . my premiere pro has no flickers black after using NVIDIA studio driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines