• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen glitches when using brushes

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. My screen turns black when using brushes. I am adding a video. Exactly when I choose a certain size. This only happens when using Photoshop. How to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a GPU issue from what I can see in the video. First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Performance). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile; the old one might be corrupted. If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix, not LUT profile, Version 2, not Version 4 profile.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. But unfortunately nothing helped. Photoshop still keeps showing black bars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If reseting preferences doesn't work, a few other areas to try: 

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop. Better? 

If that doesn't work, Go back into Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Better? 

You can try this too: in Preferences>Technology Previews, check the box 'Deactivate Native Canvas' and uncheck 'Enable Native Canvas Rulers' options, then restart Photoshop. Does this work? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop do you have? The latest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 2021. but I checked on several versions and the result is the same. black bars appear in both 2022 and 2016 versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Всем привет, кто-нибудь решал эту проблему? Просто я тоже поймал эту же ошибку, кстати, понял, что эта ошибка возникает не только при использовании кисти в фотошопе, но и просто при увеличении курсора в настройках Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone, has anyone solved this problem? It's just that I also caught the same error, by the way, I realized this error occurs not only when using a brush in Photoshop, but also simply when increasing the cursor in Windows settings. (eng)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines