• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Glitches with Brush Use

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty new to Photoshop and really want to love the program but am running into a ton of problems with the program running smoothly with basic tools.

Whenever I use the brush, eraser, or smudge tool after about 2 minutes of use my screen does this strange thing where the stroke just occured.  (Screenshots attached) It's like it zooms into the artwork only where the stroke occured - everything gets pixelated around the stroke.  I have to minimize and reopen the window with every other stroke to clear away the strange glitch.  Even after I reopen the window and the glitch has cleared - sometimes my brush stroke will have been moved far away from where I originally used it.  As if the screen gitch caused the brush stroke to happen in a different area.
In addition to this, and sadly I don't have a screan shot of this, frozen ghost images of whatever I am working on start stacking up in strips along the top or bottom of my work space - leaving an "after burn" sort of strip.  There is no way to get rid of them unless I completely close the program and reopen it. So I work around them until they cover my work space so badly that I can't do anything anymore.
I've looked at the forms to try and figure out the problem, but I'm at a loss. (I unchecked the *Hardware Acceleration box, and plugged in my tablet directly into the video card in hopes it would help but it didnt.)

If you have any suggestions about what's happening or how to fix it I'd be happy to have them.  
If you need my specs here is the basics that may help:
ROG Tower 
Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GHz
RAM 16GB
64-bit system
Pen Support
Windows 10
Acer Monitor and Wacom Cintiq Tablet.
Naha x Razor Mouse
Blackwidow Chroma Razor Keyboard

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This definitely looks like it's a GPU compatibility problem (or a Wacom driver problem, but less likely). Please check to ensure your GPU is compatible with https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html 

I've even seen issues with compatible GPU's. Often, simply going to Edit>Preferences>Performance and turning off Use Graphics Processor (or changing some of the advanced settings) resolves some issues.

I even had an issue, where I had to turn it off, which fixed it - and then it STAYED fixed after I turned it back on! I have no idea what happened, then! 🙂

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines