• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen goes blank when clicking HOME ICON

Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening. I do this several times per day and even today I did it 4 or 5 times, then suddenly, and I have no idea why, everything changed. When I clicked on the Home button the screen went to full screen with no tool bars, only the text menu at the top and nothing else. I did nothing to make it do that in that I didn't change anything, no settings or preferences were changed at all. There is nothing in the "VIEW" menu that changes it back, I've checked everything. I even closed every program and restarted my computer and that didn't help. Clicking the "HELP" menu at the top brings it back, as well as creating a new document. But, as soon as I click the "HOME ICON" which always brought up the home screen it goes blank again. I can find nothing in the preferences to change to make it stop doing this. I do have "Auto Show Home Screen" unchecked so that it doesn't show the recent files unless I click the "HOME ICON". But I changed that setting several versions ago and not today.

Windows 10 with all the latest updates. Photoshop version 25.5.1

I've been trying to upload a screen shot of the problem but the file will not upload. It uploads partially then stops uploading and will not resume. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences is often the solution for many unusual behaviors in Photoshop Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Remember to save any unsaved presets and actions before attempting to reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier when this problem started, there was no update avaliable for photoshop. I checked the creative cloud app for updates and the only update that was avaliable was for Photoshop Beta, so I updated that and that version worked properly, but not the "stable" version 25.5.1. I tried over and over and over to find an answer to my problem and after many google searches turning up nothing, I was about to uninstall photoshop and reinstall it, through the creative cloud app. When I went to do that, there was an update to photoshop 25.6.0 that just came avaliable. So I updated photoshop and that fixed it. 

It makes me wonder though if adobe isn't disabling something on the sly to frustrate people into checking for updates. I don't know, but it's awefully suspicious that this "bug" hit, then a couple of hours later a (.)/patch update fixed the problem... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It makes me wonder though if adobe isn't disabling something on the sly to frustrate people into checking for updates. I don't know, but it's awefully suspicious that this "bug" hit, then a couple of hours later a (.)/patch update fixed the problem... "

Certainly not, the last thing they desire is to have frustrated users. They encourage you to update for security reasons, occasional bug fixes, and new features, but they do not intentionally create bugs for amusement. That would be absurd: to deliberately create bugs when software inherently has none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always check for updates every few day and when there is one I always update it. That's like today, the only update that was avaliable was for the Beta, so I updated that, then after a couple hours of frustration later, the update for Photoshop became avaliable to me.  But as far as them not wanting frustrated customers, I don't know about that. I just "thought" that updateing from 25.5.1 to 25.6.0 this evening fixed the problem. But it didn't, it made it worse! Now when I click the "home icon", the home screen shows up with the recent files. BUT, when I click on one to open it, the tool bars come back and the laywers pannel and all that comes back showing the layer(s) of the file I opened, but the layers are transparent and the files from the home screen are still showing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just "thought" it was fixed... Just another mess up from adobe. I can click the home icon and the home screen shows up with all the recent files. BUT when I click on one to open it, it doesn't open, and the home screen is still showing slighlty shifted off to the side. I can click on the layers in the layer panel and I can see the outline of the layer, but it's transparent. 

Way to adobe... You just can't fix a doggone thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot to illustrate the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to upload one. I tried many times with the original post to upload a screenshot of it, but it will not upload. The little blue progress bar moves about 1/3 of the way across and then stops and the upload never finishes. I even waited 5 or 6 minutes a couple of times and it never finished uploading. I did a speed test of my internet connections while waiting for it to upload and my speed was nearly 100Mbps download and 30Mbps upload with 28 milisecond latency. Plenty fast enough for a 99 kilo byte file to upload which is far, far below the 45 megabyte limit on file size... 

joeh87907460_0-1710914904397.png

I pasted that screenshot directly in the text window. The one I'm trying to upload is still stalled.. So I stopped it so I can upload this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

joeh87907460_0-1710915123628.png

I pasted this one directly into the text box too, seems that's the only way I can get it to upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines