Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen resolution and caching speed in photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Tell me please does the resolution of the monitor screen affect the speed of caching images in Photoshop?
I mean, will photoshop use more resourses with screen in 2560x1440px resolution to cache the same image than with screen in 2560x1440px resolution?
Thanks. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you mean "cache" in the sense it's used in Photoshop: building smaller-size versions for adjustment and blending previews (aka "the image pyramid") - I can't see why it should matter. Percentages of image size will be the same.

For the GPU, however, it will matter! High resolution screens require a more powerful GPU, and you may experience performance differences with the same GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines