• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll to zoom function of Mouse is causing too much Zoom in Photoshop (macOS)

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I get too much zoom with slight push
on scroll wheel (PS)... I bought new MX 3 and still same issue.. Please help.. I tried downloading MOS and playing with mouse settings but nothing.. https://youtube.com/shorts/AC-pnS1YONM?feature=share 

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to see the trouble with the mouse scroll that you see in Photoshop.

Which version of Photoshop and macOS are you using? Since when have you noticed this issue?

Have you tried any troubleshooting so far? Does the scroll to zoom function of the mouse work properly with other applications?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences.

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences.

You can check https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  newest version of PS and OS.. I noticed problem when I bought macbook and installed PS (didn't use mac before).. I tried playing with mouse settings and scroll wheel speed but nothing worked. With other apps scroll is normal.. I tried reseting preferences and also nothing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ranjisha,

I recently upgraded from Photoshop PS4 -> Photoshop 23.5.2 on MacOS Catalina, 10.15.7. I have a Logitech M720 Triathlon mouse, and while in Photothsop, when I engage the mouse's scroll wheel to zoom in/out of an image, the zoom increments are too big. This was not an issue in PS4, although, I can't remeber if I actually wrote an Applescript to help with this problem. 

Anyway, are users supposed to be able to change the number of zoom increments with mousewheel / scrolling / zooming in Photoshop instead of the vastly unsable and quite frankly incredibly poor UI desgin feature?

(This option should be available in the PS Prefrernces.)

Thank you,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines