• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling through fonts has become impossible

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like a very fundamental task in photoshop has become fairly impossible : auditioning different fonts for your project via scrolling through them in the character panel.  

I usually select my type layer and then use the arrow keys to scroll through the font list and view different typefaces.  However, whenever I make an edit, and come back to the fontlist, it jumps all the way back to the top of the list, no matter if I try to start it where I left off or not.  It's as if it is impossible to scroll through fonts from anywhere except the top of the list.  This seems downright insane for photoshop?!

I have found a couple other users on the forum mentioning this to no avail.  How are you all testing many different fonts in your project if this basic function does not work anymore?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I understand your frustration. Have you looked through this help doc on troubleshooting fonts? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Also, a shortcut I've used to get back to where I left off is to hit the corresponding letter. Like if I left off at Garamond, I will hit H and it jumps to that letter somewhere in the list. It's not a fix, but a handy way to get around.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop is in question? Which OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a solution but, other than the suggestion of mglush, maybe you can use a font manager:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/how-to-organize-group-fonts-in-photoshop/m-p/4691695

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great advice to try. I also favor a font manager. They are lifesavers in all of these programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues now. They need to release a patch/update. This disaster happened after the last update.

Photoshop 23.4.1 and Big Sur 11.6.5. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here.   That feature is crucial when you're having to match up a font on something you're working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I cannot scroll through the fonts any longer. Its not related to the glyphs issue but a whole new ball game of instability. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally searched for this issue just to make sure I wasn't going crazy! Yes! Please fix immediately. This simple function is critical to finding the perfect font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is aweful.  Not only can I no longer index through my fonts with the use of the arrow keys, the font menu covers most of my workspace and I can't see my workspace.  Macbook Photoshop 23.4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last 2 Photoshop updates in CC (between June - August 2022) seem to have nuked this feature. I keep hoping to see a CC update that will fix this but so far nothing. 

I can't believe how useful this feature was and how often I used it until it quit working. Come on Adobe, do better!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, good. So it's not just me and I'm not going crazy. I used to be able to be on a text layer, click the Horizontal Type Tool, then put my cursor in the top left box with the font names. Then I used to be able to arrow up or down to advance to the previous/next font and then my text would change. I can no longer do this (seems all of a sudden, because I swear I've done this fairly recently). I'm using Release 23.4.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to be able to scroll through font selections for type design projects. It has been a disastarous glitch with no efficient workaround. I hope Adobe is on task to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved the Font scrolling issue by uninstalling pshop 23.4.2 and reinstalling the previous version of 23.4.1  Easily done in Adobe Creative Cloud,  just select Photoshop and click "other versions" I don't know if the newer 23.5 would also fix the scrolling issue. Haven't tried that yet. Just going with what works for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also remove the name of the font in the options panel - then you are able to use the arrow keys again...

But this can't be a solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, but my mouse scroll whell is a mess anyway so i use Up and Down arrow keys this still works to scroll trough fornts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

does anyone know if there is a keybind to open the font list? im setting up a way to use qmk to scroll through my list and it works however i need to be able to select the box or a keybind for it without having to do so w the mouse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines