Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Scrolling through fonts has become impossible

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like a very fundamental task in photoshop has become fairly impossible : auditioning different fonts for your project via scrolling through them in the character panel.  

I usually select my type layer and then use the arrow keys to scroll through the font list and view different typefaces.  However, whenever I make an edit, and come back to the fontlist, it jumps all the way back to the top of the list, no matter if I try to start it where I left off or not.  It's as if it is impossible to scroll through fonts from anywhere except the top of the list.  This seems downright insane for photoshop?!

I have found a couple other users on the forum mentioning this to no avail.  How are you all testing many different fonts in your project if this basic function does not work anymore?!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I understand your frustration. Have you looked through this help doc on troubleshooting fonts? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Also, a shortcut I've used to get back to where I left off is to hit the corresponding letter. Like if I left off at Garamond, I will hit H and it jumps to that letter somewhere in the list. It's not a fix, but a handy way to get around.

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop is in question? Which OS?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a solution but, other than the suggestion of mglush, maybe you can use a font manager:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/how-to-organize-group-fonts-in-photoshop/m-p/4691695

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great advice to try. I also favor a font manager. They are lifesavers in all of these programs. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines