• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubby Zoom disabled in recent updated

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My desktop has always allows scrubby zoom but I noticed after the Photshop update 3 days ago my scrubby zoom is greyed out/disabled. Enabling graphics processor has always been on and remains on. Looking for a way to get back to default scrub as the marquee zoom is a horrible form of the tool. thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you disable GPU?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling it does not change the outcome. I’ve cycled the app as well 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice when I create a new tool preset for the Zoom tool, and then select that new preset the Scrubby Zoom becomes checked (but remains greyed out). As soon as I click out of the sub-menu the scrubby zoom goes back to unchecked and greyed out. scrubby update.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try resetting your preferences; can't hurt. 

You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to reset PS Preferences, BUT:

Each new version of Photoshop has increased GPU requirements. Latent issues may be exposed by new functions in a new PS version.

The GTX 750 TI is getting pretty old by now (released 2014), and it might be time to consider a new card. It does support DirectX 12, which is a Photoshop requirement - but just barely. One site says, "even though it supports DirectX 12, the feature level is only 11_0, which can be problematic with newer DirectX 12 titles" (https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-750-ti.c2548)

Generally, Adobe recommends cards not very much older than five years.

See this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html 

gpu_3.png

I'm about to retire a Quadro P2200 (newer than yours), as I expect it to become obsolete any day now. I have an RTX 3060 sitting ready to take over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the feedback. I didn't expect the scrubber to be such an intensive feature. Everything worked so smoothly until the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines