• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Search field in Keyboard Shortcuts dialog

Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we have search field in keyboard shortcuts dialog as in new Illustrator. It will be nice to quick find command and remind shortcut or to assign new, Photoshop have more and more commands, who is going to remember all shortcuts and commands, especially when using Creative Suite or Creative Cloud.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
27 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that the ubiquitous search fields from After Effects would be useful in the KBSM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a search box to quickly found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like how the Flash Pro CC and AI CC keyboard shortcuts dialogues are searchable. Can you do this with Photoshop CC as well? Just a new feature request submission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to think others have thought of this... but I would love a search field inside the keyboard shortcuts window. As it is now, there is a lot of clicking and searching involved to find specific commands that I would like to assign shortcuts to. This process would be a whole lot easier with a searchable field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that a search function could be created for Photoshop's keyboard shortcuts and menus dialogue boxes so that it is quicker to find the function that I am trying to set a shortcut for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP. We need keyboard shortcut search. Illustrator has already proven its value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it'd be really great to be able to search for tools in the keyboard shortcut menu like in premiere. I customize shortcuts all the time. In premiere I do it in no time, in photoshop it takes forever to localize the tool I want to make a shortcut for due to not being able to search for it like in premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be great (yet simple) feature to add.
(JDI, anyone?)

It isn't comfortable at all to navigate and find the entry you want to edit there.
A nice search box can solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm 100% on board with kbsc's getting a search/filter and while we're at it, how about adding a fully searchable application? Ps added Find a few versions back, but it's not working as one would hope...

and why is there no search in the Brush panel or Shapes? Trying to track down a specific Brush out of hundreds is never fun...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added this request back in the CS days already. We have PS 2021 now and there is still no option to search trough Keyboard shortcuts in the editor. WTF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I search for a shortcut? This would be really handy and I don't understand why it's not already added. Or is it hidden somewhere? We all know those times when you accidentally press something like shift + c while in transform and the screen colors change and you panic a little bit because something changed the colors of your document entirely. And you want to reverse it but there's nothing to undo in the actions menu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Photoshop menu...
Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts

In this dialog box you can edit and/or create your own keyboard shortcuts.

If you want to export out a single list with all the shortcuts on it, click on the Summarize button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean in Keyboard Shortcuts dialogue? I asked that few years ago, you can vote for idea https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/photoshop-search-field-in-keyboard-shortcut...

I do not know what exactly you want. Try using Find (Ctrl + F) dialogue then type shortcut to see if something will appear like ctrl+l or similar.

search keyboard shortcut.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's what I meant - I want to search for a keyboard shortcut (existing ones) in the Edit > Keyboard shortcuts menu. For those times you accidentally press the wrong key combination, something happened, and you're trying to figure out what happened and which combination caused it, so I can either turn it off or undo it.

I upvoted it, but it's only got 20 upvotes now, I don't think it'll ever be added, or at least not any time soon. I mean c'mon, you posted it 9 years ago and still they haven't added it! It's so simple!

Sometime I wonder what exactly it is that they are doing there at the Adobe office. As if the CEO and the board is continually partying every day, all day, while the rest of the underpaid team of no less than two employees are sweating their bums off in over time, trying to make things work for us.

And the big Adobe building is probably just a huge painted cartboard box that has those two employees changing clothes and walking through the revolving doors continually throughout the day so it looks like a lot of business is going on. Heh, big tech companies..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't effectively search for specific shortcuts from within Photoshop, but could search a PDF document. The list I have attached is the one by Trevor Morris and dates back to 2014, and I am sure there have been some minor changes since then.  But it should be mostly correct.

This is probably the most useful URL to find the Mac version and other Trevor Morris goodies.  

https://morris-photographics.com/photoshop/shortcuts/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this may seem weird and im not sure if its viable but maybe you could make the shortcut search function in the keyboard shortcut in edit? I had to go through tons of options for what im looking for and its hard to find what I need in there. But I know what the button does I just want to rebind it. It would also be really cool if you had a highly recommended set of function bindings maybe based on popularity or to help increase functionality. If someone is making a new button scheme they can just look them up one by one and rebind. I just feel like its an organized mess in there. I would make a button that says Shortcut Search

whatever single letter or alt + letter maybe have all that information come up about it.  I am also now realizing that you could probably look up the function itself as well as the buttons?. Also I think theres a lot about this program that is off putting for most people. Theres too many buttons, no one know where to start, they dont know what the focus of their creative outlet should be but they are starting to use this program cause its highly recommended but that doesnt make it easy to use or it is better said that its not clear. Theres an infinite things great about this program but some of the most important features need to be made clear and maybe even dumbed down visually less buttons can often make things less confusing. I know you guys are in the buisness of making money as well as being kind to students. What if there was a photoshop for children? If i could tell a child that if you are into art and want to start this is the way. Its easy when you make a mistake you step back, was it a mistake? step forward? want to try something new? create a new layer? this is all costing the mother much less money on paper and pencils but they are never to be forgotten. Thank for the great program love art and been a long time fan, thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How has it been nearly 10 years since this request was made and still no searchable shortcuts. And such an old UI in general to look through the shortcuts. Photoshop team: talk to the Premiere team and ask them for their keyboard shortcuts code!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you upvote at the top?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always; you gotta hit 'em with the upvote and bump 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging with the request.

Please vote on top!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth has this not been implemented yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SERIOUSLY !!! how the hell do you have such an obvious feature missing in 2024 ?

this is all part of the same issue : improvements of the Adobe softwares are mostly targeted for new users, and little optimization dedicated to advanced users. no sane person using a software professionally is working without shortcuts !! help US be more "CREATIVE" by getting rid of these stupid bottlenecks that have users wrestling with an incomplete UI !!  same for Indesign ! your attitude towards your users is TERRIBLE !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's attitude that leads to *not* implementing this, as well as long start-up times and all,

are why I do not believe Adobe products are worth $288 - $600 per YEAR (practically multiple thousands of dollars).

I am not subscribed to adobe. There are good alternatives for my workflows with much higher value.

Votes

Translate

Translate