Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Search for shortcut keys

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I search for a shortcut? This would be really handy and I don't understand why it's not already added. Or is it hidden somewhere? We all know those times when you accidentally press something like shift + c while in transform and the screen colors change and you panic a little bit because something changed the colors of your document entirely. And you want to reverse it but there's nothing to undo in the actions menu!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Photoshop menu...
Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts

In this dialog box you can edit and/or create your own keyboard shortcuts.

If you want to export out a single list with all the shortcuts on it, click on the Summarize button.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean in Keyboard Shortcuts dialogue? I asked that few years ago, you can vote for idea https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/photoshop-search-field-in-keyboard-shortcut...

I do not know what exactly you want. Try using Find (Ctrl + F) dialogue then type shortcut to see if something will appear like ctrl+l or similar.

search keyboard shortcut.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's what I meant - I want to search for a keyboard shortcut (existing ones) in the Edit > Keyboard shortcuts menu. For those times you accidentally press the wrong key combination, something happened, and you're trying to figure out what happened and which combination caused it, so I can either turn it off or undo it.

I upvoted it, but it's only got 20 upvotes now, I don't think it'll ever be added, or at least not any time soon. I mean c'mon, you posted it 9 years ago and still they haven't added it! It's so simple!

Sometime I wonder what exactly it is that they are doing there at the Adobe office. As if the CEO and the board is continually partying every day, all day, while the rest of the underpaid team of no less than two employees are sweating their bums off in over time, trying to make things work for us.

And the big Adobe building is probably just a huge painted cartboard box that has those two employees changing clothes and walking through the revolving doors continually throughout the day so it looks like a lot of business is going on. Heh, big tech companies..

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't effectively search for specific shortcuts from within Photoshop, but could search a PDF document. The list I have attached is the one by Trevor Morris and dates back to 2014, and I am sure there have been some minor changes since then.  But it should be mostly correct.

This is probably the most useful URL to find the Mac version and other Trevor Morris goodies.  

https://morris-photographics.com/photoshop/shortcuts/index.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines