• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select & Mask causes freeze on Photoshop version 23.0.1 - Windows

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest version of Photoshop yesterday (version 23.0.1). Since updating I have issues with it crashing when I use the Select & Mask Tool, in particular the Refine Hair tool. Is there a fix coming for this soon and if not, is there a way I can roll back to the previous version.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

I tried turning off "use OpenCL" and restarted but it made no difference. However I clicked on  "Reset Prefrences On Quit" in the General Tab , restarted and that has appeared to sort it out! Not sure why but there you go! Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi it is better to rollback yet so all works for you always install full setup of new version instead of only update...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NP1972 ,

See davescm's suggestions on this thread. This was meant to have been resolved in thr MAX release according to Mohit Goyal

Let us know how you go.

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am trying a full reinstall first to see if that works. If I have to roll back, how do I do this? Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. How do I roll back my version to the previous one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NP1972 I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeffrey, I have the same problem since PS 23. I have submitted my report of crashes from Adobe dialog box when appear afer a crash. I'm working with iMac 27 ", 2020, 40 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB, OS X 11.6

And by the way (maybe this isn't the correct thread but I promise you I tried in other posts with no success), nobody give me any response on this specific problem with the Gradient Fill Layers. Please, please see this little video (25 secs)

https://youtu.be/sk2_SU-TSPo

Included in my report ---> https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/issue-with-gradient-fill-layer/td-p/1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. All I get is a "Photoshop is not responding" Windows error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I roll back my version to the previous version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the prior version and keep the current version installed: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.ug.html

Sounds like you are seeing a freeze which is different than a crash.

If you go to Preferences > Performance... and click "Advanced Setttings..." then uncheck "Use OpenCL" then restart Photoshop, does Select & Mask behave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning off "use OpenCL" and restarted but it made no difference. However I clicked on  "Reset Prefrences On Quit" in the General Tab , restarted and that has appeared to sort it out! Not sure why but there you go! Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NP1972 ,

Thank you for letting us know.

OK, so your preferences had gotten corrupted it seems.

Glad you are sorted

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines