• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and mask freezes or strange

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i run Select and Mask and try to refine the edges using a refine brush, two situations coming.

a. if works, very blurry strange edge. It doesn't exactly smooth the boundaries, but it feels like the pixels are messed up in the way the brush moves....? (I know how to use it. (I've used it since PhotoshopCS6)

b. if not, just freezes. I can't save or keep my work file and it literally stops. So I have no choice but to force the Photoshop to end at the task manager. I've been through this so many times, so it's a relief that I saved it once every 30 seconds or a minute. But isn't that weird? It's not desirable to hope that it works every time by chance.........

I use both Windows and Mac, and it's the same problem.

photoshop version is 23.3.2

window pc : ryzen5800x ram64gb rtx3070

mac : Mac studio(m1 ultra processor)

I reinstalled Photoshop just in case, and deactivated the GPU. In addition, I searched the Adobe community and tried various solutions, but the problem was not solved. (such as i saw few solution. A. natve canvas deactive B. GPU com.p off C. Multithread off)

Not only Photoshop 23.3.2 but all Photoshop versions this year seem to be like that. The problem is the same even if i try to downgrading.

Plz Fix this...

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One other thing to try: go to Preferences > Performance and click on the "Advanced Settings" button. Uncheck Use OpenCL, restart Photoshop and try your steps to see if the problem persists.

If the problem persists,  get a sample process using Activity Monitor: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/how-to-get-a-process-sample-or-spindump.html Use CC files or dropbox to share a download link of the log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines