• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask not Selecting

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with selecting and masking subects using the select and mask tool. Usually I'm able to highlight my subject then refine the mask using the refine edge brush tool. Now when I move my mouse pointer away from the subject the mask goes away and I'm unable to refine my mask selection. Please see the attached video to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.  Photoshop Version 24.2. MacBook Air M1 16GB MacOS Ventura 13.2.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Have you tried setting the Opacity of the Overlay-color to 50%? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Object Finder (it's above your canvas).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object Finder doesn't appear to be the issue.  See the attached video to see how I tried your suggestion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do have any updates as to why it isn't working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found any solutions to my problem yet? Is there someone else I can contact? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It might help to know that I'm a fellow Photoshop user volunteering my time to help other users, and this is a user-to-user forum. Adobe employees have the Adobe logo over their profile pic, and their status shows that they are an Adobe Employee.

I copied your image and was able to use Select and Mask on it.

Have you tried the following:

If those don't work, then you might try contacting Adobe Support:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post meaningful screenshots that also show the top of the Properties Panel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of the screen recordings I posted show the properties panel? Is there something I'm missing or did you not view the screen recording yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched the videos and I asked you to post screenshots that illustrate the »View Mode« you chose. 

Have you tried a Mode like »Overlay« after clicking »Select Subject« for example? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apalogize, the color swatch actually indicates you are using »Overlay« but you set the Opacity to 0%. 

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 18.01.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting the Opacity of the Overlay-color to 50%? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was it. Thanks for helping out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines