Select and Mask Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working on a 2021, 14in Macbook Pro M1 Pro running Monterrey OS,  the select and mask tool as well as "remove background" don't work on this machine.   I'm getting a response saying no subjects can be found on simple portrait images.   

nickrichgfx_1-1645554536078.png

nickrichgfx_0-1645554445089.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that the select and mask tool in Photoshop is not working correctly for you. 

What is your Photoshop version? Would you mind updating your macOS to the latest version? Since when is this happening? Did you try any troubleshooting on your end?
You may try to reset Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps. Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/3ceal5t Also, back up the existing Photoshop preferences if you have any custom brushes, action, and workspace: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying so fast Ranjisha, I'm on Ps 23.2.0, I do see an update for MAC Os, I was hesitant to update thinking that might hurt my chances of compability with Photoshop but I can certainly make those updates.   

This started about a month ago.   I have no issues with it on my iMac desktop but that one isn't Apple Silicon desktop, it's a model from late 2018.   Thanks again I'm going to try these changes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What layer are you on? I updated your post - the title said NOW, I changed it to NOT.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Certified Instructor | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much I was trying to update that lol.   I'm on the photo layer, It's only happening on my Macbook for some reason, I took the same exact PSD to my iMac and was able to select and mask with no issues.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines