Select and Mask Shortcut Stopped Working

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Photoshop 22.5.6 primarily and this was working just fine a day or two ago. All of a sudden Ctrl+Alt+R does nothing when I'm pressing it. I can use other shortcuts just fine but not this one. I tried in the most recent version as well since I have both installed and it's not working on that one either. I reset the preferences on Photoshop, reset the shortcuts back to defaults, restarted my computer, uninstalled both versions of photoshop and reinstalled and it's still not working. I can go to Select>Select and Mask and select it manually from the dropdown but it's just the shortcut that appears to be broken. This isn't life threatening but it definitely slows my workflow not being able to use it.

I'm on Windows 10 and as far as I know nothing has changed on my machine. I haven't installed or ran any new software and there hasn't been any recent updates after this issue started occurring. I'm a little stumped. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @default470rd1zhs585 Sorry to hear about the trouble. Is there a reason you haven't updated to a more recent version of Photoshop? The latest (new today!) release is 23.4.1, but I'm still using the previous one, 23.3.2, and this shortcut works correctly to bring up Select and Mask. Have you double-checked your shortcuts board to see if it's listed correctly after your preferences reset? If so, you might try changing it to a different shortcut to see if that works, at least temporarily. Or, you could reset your Windows shortcuts, as it's possible those became corrupted outside of Photoshop. When you are on your desktop, what happens when you use that shortcut? For me, it brings up my graphics card's performance panel (simply Alt+R), but I'm wondering if the full shortcut works for you anywhere outside Photoshop. Let us know how it goes!

JainLemos_0-1655397006478.png

JainLemos_1-1655397262286.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines