Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask to include the foreground and the floor

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am working on a background removal project which requires me to generate an alpha matte. Current  I am using the 'Select and Mask' tool I am able to generate a mask where only the person in the frame is the foregound. I also require the floor on which the person is seated to be included in the foregound. Is there a way to do this? Or Do we need to manually include the floor to be a part of the foreground using some tool?

Thank you

TOPICS
SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a couple of sample images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mask that is currently generated does not include the floor. But I would like the mask's foreground to include the floor on which the person is seated as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mask that is currently generated does not include the floor. 

Because the feature is intended to isolate the subject (if it can be made out). 

If you want to add the floor you might have some success with automation, but the floor in your example seems so inhomogenous that it might be difficult. Not necessarily impossible … 

The wall seems »flat« enough that it might be possible to use that as the basis for some operations. 

How representative is this image of the rest? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just an example. The actually need is for a green screen use case (images can't be shared due to privacy reasons). There is proper differentiation between the wall(dark green) and the floor(black). It need not be an automated process, what option can be used to bring in the floor manually? 

I also tried using the 'Select Sky' option and inverted the mask, the mask boundaries are not as clear as selecting the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Talking about images one cannot view seems difficult. 

Depending on the contrast between »wall« and »floor«, their uniformity and the variance of the »angle« of the corner even the Magic Wand Tool might suffice to create a fairly decent Selection with a Script. 

And that could then either be added to the Layer Mask or used on a second Layer additional to the »subject«-Layer. 

What is the actual workflow-scenario here? 

What is the intended end-result? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines