• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

select and mask

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have photoshop 2018 and up to date with v 22.5, when i go into select and mask the options for real-time refinements, colour aware, object aware etc are unnavailable, i pay a monthly fee and install all updates, do the before mentioned options not work with 2018, ive seen them being used on some youtube channels but they are on adobe photoshop 2021 ! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A lot has changed since Photoshop version 2018 was released, Adobe are continually adding new features with every upgrade, so features in the new version will not be available in the previous versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so my older 2018 version doesnt support theses features ? would i need to cancel my payments and unninstal 2018 then start afresh with 2021 ? or can i just upgrade from one to the otrher ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your subscription includes updates to new versions. You can keep both versions or uninstall one. Adobe only offers the current and one previous version, so you won't be able to reinstall 2018 if you uninstall.

Once a new version is released, new features go into that version. They do not go into previous versions.

If you cancel your annual subscription, you will pay a penalty for early cancellation. Since you have a subscription, simply install the current version.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jane, i have the newest version 22.5 on photoshop 2018 on monthly subscription, should that include all the same updates as photoshop 2021 has ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultl2iam93g4jbp 

No. When PS 2019 was released, there were no more updates to PS 2018. The most current version of PS 2018 is 19.1.9. There have been several versions since then.

janee_0-1631382292233.png

If your computer meets the system requirements, they will be available in the CC app.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane. Is your hard drive like 90% Photoshop? Wait, I'm guessing you have as many versions of InDesign and Illustrator installed 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Bullo wrote:

Hi Jane. Is your hard drive like 90% Photoshop? Wait, I'm guessing you have as many versions of InDesign and Illustrator installed 😉

Haha, this is my 2015 laptop, and yes I have multiple versions InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop installed. My newer desktop does not have as many. Someday — possibly as soon as 26 Oct 2021 — I won't be able to install the next version 😊 !

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in a very similar situation. I think by the end of this year Apple will be up to the M3 chip 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines