• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

select area for clone stamp source

Advisor ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to replace the black background in the 6-digit tag below with black from another tag which is not crushing the shadows (see 2d screenshot).  Using the clone stamp tool, how can I copy black only from the tag in the 2d screenshot to paint over the black in the tag in the 1st screenshot?  For the target layer, I have a layer which is the entire tag (background plus numbers) and a layer above it which is the numbers only.  So I can paint on the lower layer without affecting the numbers.  But I'm not sure how to select the black only in the source.  Thanks.

bartonlew_0-1672796345530.png

bartonlew_1-1672799074304.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

You can't islate the color, but you could of course use blending modes like Screen and add to copy the texture. Don't be too picky about the numbers. You can always clean it up later. Just clone everything to its own new layer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't islate the color, but you could of course use blending modes like Screen and add to copy the texture. Don't be too picky about the numbers. You can always clean it up later. Just clone everything to its own new layer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I of course have heard of Blending modes but I am unfamiliar with this tool/concept.  So I will start diving into some tutorials.  Thank you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines