• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select/Move tool malfunction

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated to the most recent version (22.4.2), the Select/Move (arrow) tool does not appear to be working properly. Whenever I use it to click on a laver to select/move it, it has no effect, and remains on the layer that is currently selected in the LAYERS window, so I have to "manually" go to the LAYERS window and click on the layer I want to select/move, in order for the Select/Move tool to have any effect on the layer I wish to work in. I'm hoping this is just a simple fix that I should already know. Does anyone have any helpful advice or fix(es)?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Check your settings here

MikeGondek_0-1624298371037.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your settings here

MikeGondek_0-1624298371037.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh! It was just that easy, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part you are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop elements and don't see that screen.  The move tool worked yearlier today and now

- nada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow.... thanks for this fix. Got the same thing after updating were this box was suddenly unchecked. Has this something to do with the update? 

STUDIO-RELOU - Unlocking brands for ambitious companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, My auto-select box is NOT checked, and move tool is still doing this. Driving me crazy. Have to "control H" every time! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sheesh!  The move tool just started acting up yesterday.  Thank goodness for this forum.  Just resolved the problem.  Don't know why the settings changed from one image to the next but now I know.  Unchecked autoselect and Group.  Never noticed those before.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines