• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select subject not working in Photoshop 23.3 on M1 Mac

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use both photoshop and Beta on apple silicon, latest versions as of today. in Photoshop i cannot select the subject, also the option to choose between processing on the machine or the cloud is not there, while in the Beta version it is there and i can select the subject. I have made a video (attached) where you can see the difference in both. this is a very weired issue.

Thanks

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Looks to me like your running photoshop 23.3 under Rosetta. See if running photoshop 23.3 under M1 makes any difference.

Make sure photoshop is not running and then go to /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022, right click on the

Adobe Photoshop 2022.app, click Get Info and uncheck Open using Rosetta.

ros.png

While Select Subject does seem to work here using Rosetta, it also seems to be quite a bit slower than running

photoshop with the M1 Processor.

Also, only the beta version of photoshop has the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while trying to use Select subject. Please try updating Photoshop to version 23.3.1 using the Creative Cloud desktop app & let us know if continue to get the error while using Select subject.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks to me like your running photoshop 23.3 under Rosetta. See if running photoshop 23.3 under M1 makes any difference.

Make sure photoshop is not running and then go to /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022, right click on the

Adobe Photoshop 2022.app, click Get Info and uncheck Open using Rosetta.

ros.png

While Select Subject does seem to work here using Rosetta, it also seems to be quite a bit slower than running

photoshop with the M1 Processor.

Also, only the beta version of photoshop has the Cloud and Device choices under Select Subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot. This worked perfectly. Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines