• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select Tone and get Contrast

Participant ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have a script or know of a way to pull up the Color dialog and select a tone of the image and have it apply a contrast for that area? Looking for a easy way to apply help layers when dodging and burning, this way I don't have to manually adjust the contrast of the area I'm working on

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me that you want to select certain color range then to adjust contrast, is that what you want or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Sir. My help layers consist of a Luminosity layer set to Color blend mode, a Inverted curve for shadows when needed and a Contrast curve, but I have to manually adjust it for certain areas, to see better and bring out problem areas when dodging and burning to even out skin tones. Just looking for a easier way to achieve this, so I can select the tones and it creates it for me and closes the group, work that area and move to a new area, select tones again if needed and it will open the same group, adjust and close again and maybe select the layer you was currently on before selecting the tones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood exactly what you said and wanted.
But... I don't know anything about scripts, and I don't know if they're actually implementable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeVNlEZmvP8

Some of the functions of the lumenzia plug-in have a function that increases the contrast. It literally gives you the S curve that you really need for the area, or the brightness. A script that works this way should be included in the Helplayer you want.

But I'm not sure that's possible....Please let me know if you can implement it. I'm curious, too.

Also, What would be the appropriate amount of contrast improvement required for the photo, whether to take it as a color sampler or make it by approaching it by selecting a certain area with the Lasso tool that I linked to. It looks like there will be a lot of difficulties.

Of course, it's always accompanied by a little bit of contrast adjustment while making a helpline when retouching, so when the helpline is made and the appropriate contrast needed for this picture is added immediately, it'll be a fun and good script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes similar to Lumenzia but I believe you have to pick two times right, a lighter and darker one? I just want one tone and it creates the right brightness and contrast for the area, a nice S curve. PhotoshopChef has a neat Dodge and Burn extension that has this feature but he hasn't updated anything in years, and it won't work with the newer versions of PS even though his website says otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sent you a message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines