Selection Tool malfunction

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the Selection Tool will enable some decrease to an area selected, it will not add to the selected area. When I reinstall Photoshop, the function works properly only briefly. I took my iMacPro in for an examination, but Apple advised the computer was working properly. Still not convinced it is the application and not my computer. Anyone else having this problem?
Thank you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021
Which "Selection Tool" you are using. What is set in Options bar? Can you post screenshot with Selection Tool active?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which method are you choosing to enable Add to Selection? Are you using the little widgets  in the control bar, or are you holding down Shift? Does this problem exist with either method?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question reminded me of the widgets in the Options bar, which resolved the issue. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which "Selection Tool" you are using. What is set in Options bar? Can you post screenshot with Selection Tool active?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was using the quick select and with your reminder of the plus icon was able to resolve the problem. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines