• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection tool + shift flipped

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update from yesterday(19-20-2023) the way you use the selection tool switched. Before you had to hold shift to change the proportions of an image. But now it is flipped the other way arround so holding shift keeps it in proportion. I would like to change it back to how it was, if anyone knows how please let me know.

(Working on windows with i9 and RTX3080ti)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Sounds like you need to run a full preference reset. Go to Photoshop/Preferences/General and click the reset button. Then quit and relaunch PS.

Check the previously mentioned preference for legacy transform as that will reset too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Iwrs You can change that under Preferences/General

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1674232075160.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kevin stohlmeyer thank you for replying. I tried doing so but it does'nt change unfortunatly. Could it possibly be a tool setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to the options bar at the top when resizing and click to break the chain link between the W&H windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly, either when I have the chain link selected or not I can freely transform objects when not holding down shift.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you need to run a full preference reset. Go to Photoshop/Preferences/General and click the reset button. Then quit and relaunch PS.

Check the previously mentioned preference for legacy transform as that will reset too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines