• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective Color & Adjustment Layers Extremely Slow on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've been editing photos with Photoshop & adjustment layers for 10+ years and with every new version of photoshop, it feels like performance using adjusment layers slows down more and more. I'm at a loss for what to do at this point. I have a photo that is 2000px x 1500px (small) with 0 layers outside of the image and 1 selective color adjustment layer. With each small change of the slider it takes about 1 second to update the on-screen change. No chance this is a computer issue unless Adobe hates high-end apple hardware. I can get it to smoothly change colors real-time if I zoom the photo out to 16.7% or in at 800% in the canvas view. At 100% is when it's slowest, with each step either out or in it will speed up.

Running iMac Pro 3ghz 10 core

64GB 2666 DDR4

2TB SSD with Catalina

I know for a fact this ran better 7 years ago on my macbook pro with larger images and 20+ layers. Anyone else experiencing these symptoms? Any iMac Pro users out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this may be due to temporary files in your pc try to purge all cache memory hope it helps you...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue, in my case I think it's because I don't import the photos on my macbook, I'm editing directly on my external hard disk. Maybe this is the issue, I have to try and edit directly on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines