Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

selective sharpener preview "freezing"

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Everyone,

I have an annoying problem with the selective sharperner. In general it does what it should do.
Just the preview in the small window does not work. When I try dragging the image in the small preview window, in order to move to a different area of the image, it leaves - let's call it an "artifact" - behind. 
Everytime I drag the image in the small preview window more "artifacts" stay behind, from left to right until until the preview window is filled with an distorted image than does not move anymore at all (please see example images).
My photoshop is updated to the latest version and the driver for my nvidia graphic card is on the newest studio driver as well. I have plenty of RAM and in general my system runs well.
Still something does not go together well in this selective sharpener preview.

I guess it is some setting that I am too stupid to set right in either photoshop or windows or nvidia control panel?  - does anyone have clue what might be the problem here and/or what I could try to fix this?

This problem was not there always by the way - but I can not say for sure when it appeared...

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't replicate that on my system. Can you post your system details from Photoshop > Help > System info (just click on copy and paste here).

In addition can you temporarily turn off the GPU in Preferences Performance and restart Photoshop just to see if that impacts the issue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines