Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selects canvas not layer content

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using PS 2021 for a month or so now. I set up a bunch of layers to animate. I was able to export to a video more than once with changes. I now need to make some further changes and when I go back to the orignal .psd the indivdual layers are intact, there are no video groups. I have auto select and show transform controls checked. The original layers had editable paths (pen tool).

When I leftclick a layer in the panel, the panel is highlighted and the canvas is selected (marching ants). Some of the pixel layers have the transform panel greyed when selected (marching ants) out and some do not (bounding box).

I don't want to set it all up from the beginning, any help on navigating the layers isue will be really good.

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"canvas is selected (marching ants)"

This should happen only if you Ctrl/Cmd + click on layers thumbnail, otherwise you should see bounding box because you have checked that option in the Options bar.

Can you post some screenshot or even short video to illustrate your issue and problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines