• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious display glitching on iPad Pro 11” 2018 with latest update.

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update, I'm getting bad visual glitches when moving layers. It does not appear to affect the actual image. If I close the image and reopen, everything is fine. See before and after moving one layer in a document. This is happening on all files, older or newer.8818B023-5E4B-43CB-B1A7-F1645802845F.png25CDA5EF-7249-4551-A4E6-03E1AE79596F.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry to hear about the graphic glitching issue on the latest version of Photoshop for the iPad. Could you please try resetting the preferences of the app and let us know if that helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/app-settings-ipad.html

If that doesn't help, then please try reinstalling the app and see how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately resetting the prefs/uninstalling only works temporarily before the glitches start again.

It's not a storage issue. I am only using 90GB of 256GB.

The only things I can think of are a bug in the most recent update, or possibly that I have started using a 1920x1920px canvas preset at 300DPI for Instagram, instead of whatever the default was.

The glitching seems to start as soon as I use a layer mask and any large soft round brush. After that, any brushing or moving of layers causes the video tearing/glitching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes,  I haven't seen that issue.  But what Sahil.Chawla suggested would help. If you continue to have any issues,  how much storage space do you have on your iPad?  Just curious to see if a lack of space was causing the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get this glitch any time I paint, whether it be a mask or on a layer. It's getting worse and it started with the latest update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled once. I'll try one more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines