• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Several things not working, suddenly

New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was working fine earlier today, but now, (at the very least) Merge, Merge Down, Merge Visible, and Move are not working as they are supposed to. Merge isn't working at all. It is a viable option, but when selected, nothing happens, not even an error message. Move will not allow me to move the layer more than a few centimeters at a time. I reset preferences, closed, and re-opened, but still having the same problems.

If it is relevant, I was using a Huion drawing tablet, but I unplugged it to see if that would make a difference. It didn't seem to change anything.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Do you have a third-party plugin installed, such as a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blocky move behavious has a GPU feel to it.  So it is definitely worth trying Deactivate Native Canvas

Don't forget to restart Photoshop afterwards.  Let us know if that works either way please?

image.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When things stop working..... I take the following steps.

1. Make sure that my Creative Cloud Apps are all up to date.
2. Check the drivers on my tablets to see if they are up to date.
3. Unplug all devices and replug them in.

4. Check to see if my computer has an update.  Usually, that is what solves it.

If the problem persists then it could be something else.  But usually, these four steps tend to solve all issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure your OS & Photoshop & hardware are meeting the system requirements.

Also restart your computer, and check that your Adobe Cloud app is running without errors. When posting questions like this, please always let us know what version OS, Illustrator and computer you have so we can better help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines