• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Severe Keyboard Lag When Photoshop Open

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop release 23.1.0 on a Dell laptop - Windows 10. All programs, bios and drivers are up-to-date. Programs are installed on an SSD. Photoshop causes lag in my keyboard in all apps. For example, if I have Photoshop open and try to name an image or need to type an email, letters are skipped constantly. Even if I type slowly, some letters are skipped. If Photoshop is not open, typing is normal. I've tried all the basic fixes and some not so basic, but no effect. 

I've contacted Adobe Support twice. The first time, after several hours on the phone over two days, the Tech made several changes (Ithink to the NVidia GEForce MX230 graphics processor, but I'm not sure) and it seemed to fix the problem. After updates over time to Photoshop, various drivers, the bios and the graphics processor, the issue started again. I contacted Adobe again but the first Tech had not documented his fix and the second Tech couldn't duplicate the solution. The NVidia is not activated in Photoshop.

The problem is still there, only worse. I have trouble naming files and have to close Photoshop completely to use any other app. Any suggestions on a fix would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Since when you have been seeing this issue? Are you also having issues with Keyboard lag when you're working outside of Photoshop? When you're saying (Photoshop causes lag in my keyboard in all apps) which app are you referring to here? Is it possible if you can share a video of the issue? 

Try resetting the preferences of Photoshop by: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Backup your preferences before resetting by: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Also, I have checked that the Graphics Processor you are using isn’t compatible as it doesn’t meet the requirements.

Here is the link to check the minimum requirements for Graphics Processor: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Didn't Resolve Issue.

Photoshop says my graphics processor is compatible, but that seems to be irrelevant since the problem occurs regardless of whether the processor is selected in Preferences/Performance or not. It seems that something else in Photoshop is conflicting somewhere. As soon as I close PS, the problem stops occurring. It does seem to get worse the longer PS is open.

Here is anexmple of wha typing loks like with PS open. It can be worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue as well! Even with a usb connected keyboard, I want to say at least 1 of every 10 keyboard shortcuts (brush, rotate, hand tool, etc.) doesn't register. And it's only started with the most recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise. You want ot switch from Brush to moVe and ther V shortcut doesn't latch. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 presses to make it work. Click on the icon with the Wacom pen, it will, but not from a keyborad shortcut. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also been experiencing this issue for a year now. It's really annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines