Shake reduction died [PS 2020]

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. New to the forum but...

I've been running PS2020 (21.2.2) with no issues using i3-4150, 8GB RAM. Recently upgraded to i5-4590 and now the Shake Reduction tool has become so slow as to be unusable. With the i3 CPU shake reduction at standard settings on a 24mp image would take around 12-15 seconds. With the i5 CPU (which Dell list as fully compatible with motherboard and the rest of the system) it is taking 30+ minutes for the same process, with task manager showing the CPU maxed out at 100%.

Any help much appreciated, thank you. 

[Photoshop version added by moderator so this thread won't get merged with the primary thread. This is a different issue.]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title »Shake reduction died....« may be more relevant than you meant. 

Shake Reduction has been removed in the current version of Photoshop. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/reduce-camera-shake-induced-blurring.html

And did the Filter not rely on the GPU rather than the CPU? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am still using PS2020 so the filter being removed is not the issue. In the Preferences>Perfomance tab the graphics card is detected and the box to use it is ticked (card is GeForce GT710, 2GB). However, having run the filter again and opened task manager I have discovered that while CPU usage is maxed out, GPU usage is 0%. I'm just a bit confused that upgrading to a slightly better CPU, with no other changes, has renedered a previously excellent filter unusable 😞 Device manager reports CPU and graphics card as working properly and with the most up-to-date drivers installed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi have you tried resetting preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Best

mj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines