• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape Path unable to fill and creating a new layer

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've literally taught 100 kids in my Digital Art Class how to draw an ellipse with a path and use a custom pattern to fill that along the path. I have one student who it will not work for...I tried closing and opening a new file, but still the same problem. 

When he draws the shape on the background (and we tried it on a new layer too) it automatically adds a new layer and he's unable to fill that path at all. The Fill option won't even light up under Edit. Usually, it's just that the path isn't selected so we can click Command+T (mac minis, Photoshop 2020) and it works. Nothing is working. Please help!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reset the preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super helpful and simple. I found these steps. Is this what you mean? https://help.astropad.com/article/354-resetting-your-photoshop-preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I'll update when he tries it how it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you draw a shape, you can't fill the path (only with a stroke) - switch to path an you are able to fill the path with a color/pattern/etc...

Shape.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines