• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share icon on options bar disappeared

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My share button has disapeared from the options bar and the file menue after updating photoshop 21 recently.

I use this feature a lot, how can I get it back?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Sounds like you have photoshop 2021 running on an M1 Mac?

If so, the native M1 Mac version of photoshop 2021 doesn't support the share feature at this time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html#native-known-issues

Features not available in the native mode

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to PS Elements.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have photoshop 2021 running on an M1 Mac?

If so, the native M1 Mac version of photoshop 2021 doesn't support the share feature at this time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html#native-known-issues

Features not available in the native mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

thanks for the information.

I hope the problem is fixed soon, it is really a helpful feature!

best, Keith Wilson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it only works if you open the file in finder.

then you can share it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this feature was so practical and usefull. I hope they'll bring it back very soon as it was saving me a lot of time when working on proposals for clients . Being able to share directly in Mac Photo app and Airdrop was so so helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thuis is an insane a stiupid lack of fore sight I use social media and dont have time to mess about  chasing files to share  when I had a convenient one stop shop  in the share function . Seriously reconsidering my move to a full CC Package now. This is no way to treat customers ,. They are still telling people how to use it on their help pages even though they have ditched it . No consultation  Not a question of hope they bring it back, they must bring it back Isuspect i am not the only harrassed  artist/photographer really unhappy and angry about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thuis is an insane a stiupid lack of fore sight

By @theferg1234

===========

Whose lack of foresight?  Yours for upgrading your computer without checking compatibility first or Apple's for not supporting social sharing?  Hmmmmm.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed to my computer (Imac with Intel Processor), only the latest update of Photoshop removed the functionality!

This is a decission of Adobe, not the customer and this is also part of the new way of giving support.
They have a problem with a function, they remove the function in stead of searching for a solution.

You can compaire this with a flat tire on your car, the dealers will no longer repair the tire, they will remove the four wheels so they never again have to deliver a service and that the cuspomer has paid for a full version is not their problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to a new version of photoshop after using it for a whole year on my macbook pro m1 with the share feature active, in the new version it is no where to be seen. @theferg1234 I feel your pain !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I buy an M1 Mac to be more productive, but alas .... its making my life less productive ha. 

I really miss this option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share button has also disappeared now for all MAC users, unable to use PS as I always used it.

No more possibility to export to photo's. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 23.3.1 on an intel macbook pro 2017 and not share icon to the far right on the toolbar. The share button just lets you save to Adobe Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing is a security issue.  Apple doesn't support it for security reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac applications like Preview in macOS Ventura 13.0.1 still have Sharing.

shar.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally different things on completely separate platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is about the Sharing removed from photoshop that was virtually identical to the sharing in the Preview screenshot i posted. Adobe has said nothing about it being a security issue, but that Quick Share will be removed due to low usage, desire to simplify the options bar UI, and redundant functionality to other export functions, which many users disagree with. Granted Adobe did not implement the Sharing on Apple Silicon native photoshop versions, however, it must be doable since Apple has it themselves on Apple Silicon Macs.

Photoshop 2021  (ps version 22.2) on macOS Ventura 13.1 Silicon Processor Mac Studio

sar.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines