• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Short cut key problems

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using shortcuts the shortcut reverts back to the previous shortcut used. I have to tap on the shortcut button multiple times in order to get it to work.

For example, I use the S button for the clone stamp. When I want to switch to the zoom tool using the Z button shortcut, the tool changes, but less than a second later the clone stamp tool reappears. I tap the Z button again and the zoom tool appears, but in less than a second the tool changes back to the clone stamp tool. After about three taps the zoom tool eventually sticks/works. I've had this issue with previous versions of PhotoShop, but the bug seems to get resolved after a few updates. Is this a common bug? Or is something wrong with my PhotoShop?

I'm have a MacBook with MacOS Ventura 13.1. Using PhotoShop 24.1.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @joser77072808 sorry to hear this.

Curious if you have tried changing the springboard keyboard shortcuts time? By default it is set to 200ms which is what it has been for years so if that doesn't work for your workflow, increase the timing or uncheck that option so that spring-loaded keyboard shortcuts are disabled if that fits your workflow.

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @joser77072808 Go to Photoshop Preferences/Tools and disable "Spring Loaded Tool Shortcuts".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I see more and more users with that kind of issue. are you using a graphic tablet? is it w wired keyboard? are there other applications running at the same time?

I am under the impression that with all the built-in autocorrect and grammar functions in the OS, that Ps fails to receive the keystrokes in a timely manner, it was never an issue in the past. (we seldom had enough memory to run many progams, were not streaming music, had wired internet, so there are many parameters at play, but, I don't know, something feels odd to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert @kevin stohlmeyer @PECourtejoie I've been testing it today and although I did see the issue repeat it was just a few times. I turned off the springboard keyboard option and I still had the same issue, but very minor compared to the day I made this post.

I've been using my MacBook's keyboard and I try to limit the amount of applications I have open when doing intense work like editing.

I'll continue testing to see if I could possibly debug the issue. I do know the issue tends to happen after I've been working with photoshop for about an hour.

Forgot to mention the following specs:

MacBook 2019, 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, from another thread: did you disable the new home page? Can you try to te-enable it, and see if it cures the problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @joser77072808 based on your specs you are running out of resources and do not meet the minimum system requirements to run recent Photoshop builds. This is a base model 2019 MacBook with no upgrades.

1. You only have 8 GB RAM total - meaning if you run anything else (including your Mac OS) you do not have 8 GB available. Photoshop requires a minimum of 8 GB dedicated RAM.

2. Your UHD 630 graphics card is woefully outdated. Photoshop minimum recommended speeds are 2000 ops/sec for GPU and yours clocks in at 548!

You either need to upgrade your Mac system or consider contacting Customer Support to go back to a much earlier version of Photoshop that your 2019 Mac can handle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @joser77072808 thank you for the update.  Here is a link to make sure you system specs are maximized for Ps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines