• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcuts not working anymore after windows 11 update

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10, my shortcuts aren't working for Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign. This issue only occurs with Adobe programs. Everything else works fine. 

I have tried many things, including reinstalling, reinstalling again but cleaning everything from adobe from the laptop etc., even tried the keyboard shortcuts settings in the programs. 

Anything I can do to let it work again? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

It looks like the issue was with the language settings of my windows. I had it in English (Netherlands), and when I switched to English (United States), the issue was solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin22311824fsxn 

What we often see here is that another application is taking over the shortcuts. Try rebooting with nothing else open, not even a browser — it could be Chrome. Check to see which programs you have set to launch on startup. Then launch only Photoshop and see if the shortcuts work.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't seem to work. Only the needed windows things startup, and still, the shortcuts won't work.
I even deleted and reinstalled it, and still nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the issue, see my other reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the issue was with the language settings of my windows. I had it in English (Netherlands), and when I switched to English (United States), the issue was solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin22311824fsxn 

Thanks for reporting back with the fix, Kevin! It will be helpful to others who do a search.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't work for me even if I've set them to USA, but maybe that's why I have a German operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My language settings are set on English, but the Shift & Alt commands are hit or miss. They work sometimes and not others. And most often they dont work until you retry 2-3 times. Is anyone else having this problem still after checking language settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What worked for me is to go under preferences > Tools > and uncheck Spring-loaded Tool Shortcuts.

I'm so used to hitting the "T" key on my keyboard to activate the type tool. and it was frustrating that It would appear and revert back to my current tool when I'd do it. This solved it for me. Hope it helps!

adrian019_0-1701817824667.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines