• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sick and tired of Photoshop updates trashing Workspaces.... please sort this out.

Participant ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... this is doing my head in. I spend some time setting up 2-3 workspaces EVERY time photoshop updates. Why can't Adobe updater just not port the things over????? Seems that every update brings a fix and breaks something esle.

I'm aware of how to 'move' them over but this doesn't alwasy work and just another bunch of steps you really should not have to do. 

Some of us have better things to do with our time than have to constantly do this. Same goes for the rest of the suite too.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible you're updating and trashing your preferences too? I don't suffer this issue, also on Mac. 

Check the advanced preferences in ACC:

prefs.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's as mine is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what else to suggest other than backup your preferences and that my workspaces stick after updates.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Manually copy this folder

WIN

Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings/WorkSpaces (Modified)

MAC

Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop [version]\Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings\WorkSpaces (Modified)

See this document for more.

I also back up that  & my brush libraries and more, to a google drive, so I can work anywhere and have access to my custom items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you just setting up a workspace but not creating a workspace preset? Try this:

2022-07-01_21-09-48.png

2022-07-01_21-10-05.png

I've been using my workspace for about 10 years and have never had a problem with the automatic transfer of settings when updating Photoshop. Manual relocation of the *.psw file is required only with a clean install of Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To find your preferences (Mac OS) open the Preferences folder in the Library folder*. Now you can drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings or make an alias or better yet, a Symbolic Link to find it quick and easy. 

MacOS*: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. In the Finder, hold down the Option key when using the Go menu. The library will appear below the current user's home directory. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines