• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since 22.4.2 update when I try to resize Photoshop freezes and has to be terminated on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop subscription updated to vrs 22.4.2, windows 10 on a desktop with 32GB ram.  This has never been an issue previously but when I attempt to resize  my curser turns to a square, all my menus gray out and I have to terminate the program using task manager.  I tried hitting enter and esc also and neither of those work.

Thank you 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We're sorry about the trouble due to Photoshop freezing. Just to confirm, you are talking about resizing the file/image you are working on and not the application interface, right? Did you start experiencing this issue immediately after the latest update of Photoshop or did any other update (Windows or Graphics card drivers) happen on the computer? 

If Photoshop is freezing while trying to resize a file, you can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps. 

If it helps, you can check out: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It worked initially but I went to use it today and the same thing happened.  I went in and unchecked the edit with graphics cards and this time it still locked up and have to ended by ctrl-alt-delete.  I updated graphics card drivers last time and this time and still broken.  I am beyond frusterated that this is happening again. Now it is even locking up without the graphics card checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry that the issue persists. Have you tried resetting the Preferences to check if that helps? If not, please try that & let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I unintsalled and reinstalled and it is working for now. Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It worked initially but I went to use it today and the same thing happened.  I went in and unchecked the edit with graphics cards and this time it still locked up and have to ended by ctrl-alt-delete.  I updated graphics card drivers last time and this time and still broken.  I am beyond frusterated that this is happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines