• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Size of brush tool

Guide ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this tutorial brush tool size 25 is selected to remove the fence. I wish to know whether size of the brush tool is matter when removing. I am asking this because size 25 barely covers fence knot. 

1.png 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Correct - change the size to 44 to meet your needs. 25 would be fine for the wire, not the knots.

You have to adjust your brush size when retouching in Photoshop - there is no one static size that works for everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MahaB82A I would use the best size for your each photo - there is no "one size fits all" (no pun intended). Adjust your size as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my file I got different sizes. You can see knot crosses the border of the circle when value is 25. When 33 only just value. When value is 44 knot is inside the circle.

11.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct - change the size to 44 to meet your needs. 25 would be fine for the wire, not the knots.

You have to adjust your brush size when retouching in Photoshop - there is no one static size that works for everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MahaB82A anytime. Happy to help you on your PS journey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MahaB82A 

Did you mean to be using the Brush tool and not the Spot Healing Brush tool?

janee_0-1679321498083.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Ps. I do not know which tool is best for the purpose. I just follow what tutorial says. It says brush tool.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you double-check @MahaB82A ? It looks like you are painting black lines over the fence, not removing it. Your Tools panel shows the Brush tool. If you give us a link to the tutorial, we can check for you.

You might try the Spot Healing Brush instead.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As this is a paid tutorial, you do not have access to this tutorial. Anyhow I produce a clip of this video.

Removing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines