Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SIZING IMAGE AND CANVAS

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please!

Sad old man is going crazy creating a sleeve cover for one of my videos.  I keep changing my image to 10.5 x 7.5 and the dimensions keep reajusting on canvas of 8.5 X 11. ( I have not idea what is meant by "Relative" and "Anchor.")  Each attempt at expanding the printing needed on the right side of the case needs to expand farther to the right.  I can't seem to make that happen. 

I'll greatly appreciate any direction from the mavens out there.  Thanks.

This is what I'm getting showing the extension I need on the right side of the sleeve.

1. sleeve A.jpg

 This is what I'm tring to print.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 12.09.51 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your second image, it appears that you are trying to print to the edge of the paper on the top, bottom, and right. You haven't told us the device you are printing to, but to do this correctly:

• The printing device needs to be able to print to the edge of the page. Most home printers do not. To test, draw a large rectangle that fills the canvas and print. Is there a gap or does it print edge to edge? Most likely, what you are seeing is the limitation of the printer you have at home.
  • If the printing will be done in a print shop, the image needs to extend past the edge of the paper. The document is printed on a roll of paper, then cut. This is brief. If you are doing this, talk to your printer and/or let us know more details so we can better assist.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The two sizes you've mention have different aspect ratios as well.  You can still make that change, but you'll need to click on the little chain icon in Image Size to unlock the aspect ratio.

image.png

You may then have a similar issue depending on the size of the paper you are printing to.  A4 is 1:1.4  Letter is 1:1.29

Interestingly, those aspect ratios match the two sizes you mention. so it might be paper size which is driving your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines