• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sky Replacement not working on MacBook Pro M1

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 14 inch Macbook Pro M1 Max with 64gb memory running MacOS Monterey 12.1, and am using Photoshop 23.1. When I invoke edit sky replacement it will load the initial sky. When it brings up the other skies to choose it brings them up very slowly and when I go down to select the sky, the skies to select dialogue goes away. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Hello Jeffrey, I resintalled Photshop as I figured that would resolve the issue. Photoshop 2022 'get info" now has 'kind' 'Application(Universal)' instead of 'Application(Intel).' 'Edit sky' now works as designed! The problem was caused when the Apple Migration" tool migrated Photoshop and since my old Macbook was intel based it did not get the Universal version. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed in Photoshop 2022 under preferences, performance that I get the message "unable to detect information" under Detected Graphics Processor settings. I followed the instructions on the page below but they did not help. https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#Troubleshoot

I still get the message that it is unable to detect the graphics processor and the edit sky replacement behavior has not changed. Guessing these are related issues but perhaps I have found two issues instead of one. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeffery, I used the manual method to restore my preferences. Photoshop now recongizes the Apple M1 Max graphics processor but the issue with edit sky replacement remains. Do you want the settings folder since it resolved the graphics processor issue? 

Thanks for your help... Bill 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please. If you can zip that up and send me a link (CC files or dropbox) that would be great. I'll need to ask around for ideas on the Sky Replacement. Not many people working today with the holiday here in the States.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if SKy Replacement is the same issue or not, but what I facing is that ACR will not let me "Select Sky".  I keep getting an error message that says it is an unexpected error.

I have uninstalled and re-installed PS 0222 Rev 23.4.1 on a MacOS Big Sur on an M1.  Get Info shows the Kind as Application Universal.  Not sure what to do.  When I open a RAW file in PS and then use te Filter command to go to CAmera Raw I can go to Masks and 'Select Sky" and it works.  Am I still working on the RAW file?  I think I am.

Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typos galore:  PS2022!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeffery, below is a link to a zip file with the settings . The Sky Presets folder is 895 mb so I did not include it in the zip file. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kmb4ffn9zirhi9/Photoshop%202022%20Settings.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeffery, I also tried the potential soliutions in this post but they did not help. Looks like it is a common issue.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/replace-skies-works-incredibly-slow-i...

Thanks again for tracking this down for me. I truly appreciate it.  - Bill 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeffrey, I did some more research and perhaps I found what might be the source of my issue. I did a 'get info' on the Photoshop 2022 application and for 'kind' it indicates 'Application (Intel).' I am guessing when I migrated the aps from my old Macbook Pro which used an intel chip, it transferred the old version of Photoshop over. Guessing I should uninstall Photoshop and reinstall? 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeffrey, I resintalled Photshop as I figured that would resolve the issue. Photoshop 2022 'get info" now has 'kind' 'Application(Universal)' instead of 'Application(Intel).' 'Edit sky' now works as designed! The problem was caused when the Apple Migration" tool migrated Photoshop and since my old Macbook was intel based it did not get the Universal version. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, yeah, was just talking to a colleague that got a new M1 and skipped migration for that very reason. (I rarely use the migration assistent when changing hardware for the same reason) Thanks for letting us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines