Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sky replacement tool crashes Photoshop 2021 on Windows

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Every time I use 'Sky replacement tool' my PC instantly crashes and restarts.

PC Specs:

Intel i7-4790k

Geforce GTX980

32GB DDR3

Are there any updates or fixes for this issue? I have the latest version of Photoshop and Windows is up to date. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

It was freezing Photoshop on my Windows 10 system. I am using an Nvidia 1660 graphics card.

Turning of the option to Use Graphics Processor has solved that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please go to the Preferences of Photoshop, then Preferences & disable the option to Use Graphics Processor. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps.

If it helps, please try: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was freezing Photoshop on my Windows 10 system. I am using an Nvidia 1660 graphics card.

Turning of the option to Use Graphics Processor has solved that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please update Photoshop 22.0.1 version via the Creative Cloud Desktop app and check if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working now in 22.0.1 🙂

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me in 22.5 for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 22.3.1 and Windows 10 and have done numerous sky replacements in the last few days (supplied skies and my own) with no problems. Today I am suddenly getting Photoshop crashing each time I start the sky replacement process. Have tried with both graphics processor on (as it was up until the crashing problem started) and off. No software updates or changes have occured from when it was working and now.

Would like some help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this fixed mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean - this fixed mine? What did? If it was turning the graphics processor off then as you can see above this didn't work for me.

I have tried rebooting, re-setting preferences, turning graphics on and off - none of these have fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just noticed that i am also having trouble, as soon as i open the sky replacement tool Photoshop freezes. I have the latest version 22.3.1 and my graphics processor is turned off, but yet it still crashes when i try to open the sky replacment tool, very frusttrating. Anyone have a fix ? Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhotoShop latest version 22.2.0 with latest Windows 10 crashes and reboots on:-

Sky Replacement

or Select Subject

or Neural Filters.

CPU is I9  with NVIDIA GeForce GT1050Ti, ( Also crashes without this installed), 8GB of memory.

Been on Adobe helpdesk for at least 5 weeks. At wits end.

Have raised Adobe Case ADB-17739312-Q6J6 CRM:01211000001813

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem except only photoshop crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem with my iMac Retina 5K with a Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB GP card.  The "solution" of turning off the Graphics Processor setting in Photoshop is not really a solution at all for me and only creates more problems:   Without that "Use Graphics Processor" setting turned on, my screen doesn't refresh when using heal brushes and when transforming an image, there are no visible handles to grab.  Once I do grab an edge of the image to transform, the handles appear...but then don't go away.    So this solution isn't really a solution at all for me.  I have to choose between photoshop requiring a force quit if I use sky replacement, or having very poor screen refresh issues.  Adobe, Please FIX THIS BUG!   It's been going on for quite a while.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! I tried with both enabling and disabling Graphics card, and still nothing. It freezes Photoshop every single time, and I have to force-quit the app on my MAC. It doesn't even give me the option to change the different skies like it used to before. Not sure what is going on but Adobe.....Please Fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Preferences > Performance... and check Use Graphics Processor, then click [Advanced Settings] and uncheck Use OpenCL. Restart Photoshop. Still freeze?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah still freezing. Adobe can you give us a bug fix or new update to fix this issue because i see lots of people are having the same problem so it can't be a someone's machine's fault. So what about giving a update to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgraded from 23 down to 22.5 and fixed it for me. I have no separate graphics card so no point disabling it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please me how to downgrade it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I downgraded by starting Creative Cloud application and where it shows the Applications you have. On the right hand side you tap on three dots, to reveal option to change version. (Be advised to remove current version first and choose option to save settings)

Peter
Sent from my iPhone X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines