• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SLOW PS 2022 with larger files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my initial thoughts that PS 2022 was snappier than 2021, but I was utterly wrong. 

I'm using an i7 overclocked 8700k, with fast NVME SSD drives, dedicated SSD 256gb scratch disks, 32gb ram and an 8GB Nvidia Quadro card, and have set all the performance settings to optimum settings.

On a 1.5gb document size IT IS TAKING 5 SECONDS TO MERELY TURN ON AND OFF A LAYER TO REVIEW CHANGES, AND THERE IS MAJOR DELAYS NOW TRYING TO SCROLL THROUGH THE LIKES OF LAYER MODES. 

PS 2019 was snappy and quick, virtualy instant. This is borderline unusable now. 

Time to start looking at alternative software I'd say. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on an Imac Pro that can handle much more difficult processing than a photshop file.  2022 is beyond bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is just horrible. PS 22 on Win 10. Sitting here watching things spinning, spinning, takes minutes to resize an image - nothing extraordinarily large - same RAW file as always from my EOS R - opening an image takes forever, saving and closing takes forever, tools are laggy. Just horrible. But what to do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines