• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Guides Not Showing After Turning Back On

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'd like to report a potential bug that may be in Photoshop. I've provided some step-by-step procedures that explains what's happening. I'm currently using a M1 MacBook Air where the issue is occuring:

• Opens Photoshop
  • Create a canvas that's 2000px x 2000px
  • Create a circle and place it in the center with the Smart Guides (lines are pink by default)
  • Go to View > Show > click off Smart Guides
  • Go back to the circle and move it around; the Smart Guides aren’t there
  • Go back to View > Show > click back on Smart Guides
  • Go back to the circle and move it around, the Smart Guide is still not there
  • To bring back the Smart Guides, I had to go to Photoshop > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Seems to work here. I can turn of smart guides by toggling View > Show > Smart Guides on and off. After you restored your prefs in the last step, were you able to toggle the Smart Guide off and on OK? or were they still invisible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, after resetting, the Smart Guides do come back. But if I follow the same process again, the Smart Guides don't show up after turning (View > Show > Smart Guides) back on. I did notice if I click and drag the circle very fast on the canvas, I can see the missing Smart Guides for a split second, then they're gone. Like, it's less than a split second the missing guides will show again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you quit and restart without pref restore does it work? Wondering if it's the restart that's actually fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and the Smart Guides are still missing. after quiting and restarting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I chatted with the engineer who works on guides, he asked if you see the same problem with regular guides if you hide and try to show them again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines