• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Object - Adding a filter to the bottom of Stack... (Not as the First item)?

Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just wondering is there a way of adding a filter to a Smart Object so that it's added at the bottom of the stack and not to first item?? I've tried all the normal key combinations, but none do what I'm looking for... the new filter is always added as the first item in the stack. Thanks - CES  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

There isn't built in command, option nor option in preferences if thats what you want to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag Smart Filters in the Layers panel to rearrange their order underneath where it shows Smart Filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I know I can rearrange afterword but when you do that it redraws each filter. I just want the new filter to be added to the bottom of the stack whin it's added to the smart object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is going to apply the Smart Filters from the bottom up, so the result would be different based on the order in which they're applied, and consequently, the effect would be redrawn.

If you'd like them to not redraw, you could temporarily disable them by either clicking on the eyeball to the left of the Smart Filter or right-clicking on the Smart Filter and selecting Disable Smart Filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't built in command, option nor option in preferences if thats what you want to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bojan thank you... Yes that is what I was looking for. - CES

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines