Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Object Pixelation Issues

Participant ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Why is it that some logos I bring into Photoshop as smart objects look fine while others look pixelated? Is there anything I can do to improve that?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 15, 2014 Mar 15, 2014

Select the Smart Object layer, start a Free Transform (dont actually change the transform), and in the options bar turn on antialiasing, then commit the transform (again, without changing anything but the antialiasing checkbox).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bicubic Automatic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bicubic Automatic I believe uses Bicubid Sharper when its down sizing.  IMO the does not work well when what is being resized is very sharp and crisp to begin with. Sharpening artifacts set in.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/WM900x600.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me as well.

I created a group of objects, all vector, and with some type. All vector and scalable to whatever size without problems inside the group. But, if I turn it into an smart object, everything gets pixelated like if it was raster... pretty weird, And my "antialias" box is disabled, and greyed out.

Can someone post a fix for this? This didn't happen before... I am using latest version of CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, if I turn it into an smart object, everything gets pixelated like if it was raster... pretty weird

No.

You do not seem to understand what a Smart Object created in Photoshop is, it is a psb, so a vector Smart Object in the Smart Object is expressed as pixels in the containing document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.
Understood. It's a shame though, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris Cox,

I feel like I never heard the answer to khemist000 re " ...This seems like it would fix the same issue that Im having as the original poster, HOWEVER, my Anti-Alias checkbox is greyed out and cannot be clicked. Am I missing a step?" I'm having the same problem Why is the anti-alias box greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you know how i can turn on anti-aliasing while on Free Transform? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines