• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Object, white glitch Bug

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I'm having an issue on two seperate machines with smart objects. When I paste / drag them into a document, and then try to move them around I get a white square / glitch forming on screen. Like below...

pshop-glitch.jpg

If I turn the layer visibility off then back on it dissapears. But if I move it again it starts straight away.

This happens when i drag them between applications and between documents in pshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Hi Michelle,

Yes my GPU is compatible. I've turned off the GPU Compositing from advanced settings, which was mentioned in another thread and that seems to have helped.

Not sure why / or if I need that setting activated?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

It helps with processing some functions, but I noticed that when I went to look at the steps to tell you where to find it, that I didn't even have it turned on. If it works better with it off, leave it off and vice versa.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adamr43173883 can you tell us what exact version of Photoshop and operating system you have and what are your computer system specs

Moved to the Photoshop ecosystem forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

I'm using version 24.3 / op system as below...

PC Desktop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
RAM: 32GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just to clarify the red shape was the smart object. The white trail followed that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

In the process of updating, did you check to see if your  GPU is compatible with the new version? If you would try turning off your Graphics Processor (Preferences>Performance and uncheck Ue Graphis Processor) and restart Photoshop. See if that fixes the issue?

Here is a help doc on troubleshooting a GPU: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let us know if it fixes the issue, or if you still need help,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

Yes my GPU is compatible. I've turned off the GPU Compositing from advanced settings, which was mentioned in another thread and that seems to have helped.

Not sure why / or if I need that setting activated?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps with processing some functions, but I noticed that when I went to look at the steps to tell you where to find it, that I didn't even have it turned on. If it works better with it off, leave it off and vice versa.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem here, and I'm with a very good gpu and cpu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines