• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Sharpen malfunctioning, weird horizontal bars

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to use the Smart Sharpen filter, some weird horizontal coloured bars appear on the screen. It covers the whole image, I can only use the legacy option.

Does someone else have this problem and know how to fix it, or how to go about it?

I attach a screenshot.

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 15.01.39.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Hi @YenebaSG sorry to hear this.  Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

You could also try:

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist? 

Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @YenebaSG sorry to hear this.  Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

You could also try:

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist? 

Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert 

Thank you for your quick reply.

I tried all, and the one that worked for me was the last.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and the last one also worked for me too. I am on a Late 2013 iMac, so I had to uncheck "Use OpenCL" under Preferences > Performance > Advanced Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi twindeknecht, this setup worked for me too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I unchecked "Use OpenCL" under Preferences > Performance > Advanced Settings.

Worked great I'm on a Quad Core i7 MBPro, problem the same whether connected to mains or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines