• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

smudge tool is very buggy

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The smudge tool of PS 2022 is very buggy. I can hardly use it. I have a windows system. When I use the smudge tool, Nothing happens for 3-4 minutes. After this time, the toll starts to take effect. But I do not have real time control. Also when this tool is turned on, the system goes into a stupor and I cannot use any other PS tools. This tool is heavy buggy and needs to be looked ASAP.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have an inadequate system – how old is your computer, which OS version and how much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kaadupaapa, as Derek mentioned, much of this can be traced to the amount of RAM that is available to Ps.  Another thing you can do is make sure that the sample all layers tick box is NOT selected, does it run any better?

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 10.01.19 AM.png

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, thanks for the speedy replies. I figured it out! I think the tool puts a heavy load on system resources. I have 16GB RAM and a 256GB SSD drive. Yet I see this slowness. I noticed that I end up in this issue only when the image resolution is high. If I reduce the resolution to say 75 ppi, the issue is not seen. Apologies for the mess up! Please consider this fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPI value is just metadata held alongside the image. All that matters to Photoshop is how big the image is in pixels. 

For the smudge tool, that translates to  how big is the brush, in pixels, and how many layers is it taking into account? If you are using a very large brush then your system resources need to match.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How much of your 256GB hard disk is spare, you need something like 100GB spare for processing larger files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines