• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So frustrated - Photoshop completely unavailable in previous versions for old Mac 10.13?

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get back the hours I've wasted on this nonsense?  Mac 10.13, just FINALLY managed to uninstall my ancient CS6 - that wasn't easy, had to use the Adobe Cleanup Utility - now I want to reinstall Photoshop, not expecting to use the latest version b/c my laptop is old - but I can't install ANY version?  Seriously, what is the deal with that?  Biting my tongue

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only support the last two OS versions. Sometimes works out as three versions, but Catalina isn't supported any more (and is blocked). https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Adobe now defines the word "not supported" as meaning "we won't help you, and won't give you old apps to run". 

That said, they are untidy and there are still links to some ancient versions (but much newer than CS6). Prodesigntools collects the links. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html Currently Adobe don't actively block these old versions, but they might redefine "not supported" that way any day...  I assume you already took out a subscription.  Not sure why you uninstalled CS6, though, you could have kept both running...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name ProDesign tools only has links from 2019 back. CC2020 (v 21) is the "current" version for Mac OS 10.13.

@defaultathz426k5u14 You'll have to contact Adobe Customer Care to get a direct link for CC2020.
Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site.

Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help.

Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue.

Be sure to explain to them what OS version you are on and that you cannot upgrade your OS. Otherwise they will tell you to download the latest version which is not compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Test Screen Name Customer support can and does give direct links for older applications if your OS does not support current (and one back) versions FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines